A pair of quilted silk baby sleeves circa 1730 – 50, of ivory silk, padded and quilted overall with scrolling blooms to the cuff, flowerheads and diamond lozenges to the body, edged in matching silk ribbon. This kind of work is commonly found on ladies' decorative petticoats of the period, which would have been displayed prominently within their open robes.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23456 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.