A men's pair of knitted liturgical gloves, probably Italian, circa 1720 – 50, of cream silk, with knitted design of golden foliate bands to the gauntlets, and crucifixes over the knuckles, the finger and thumb seams outlined in couched narrow gold braid which form rosettes at the finger joints, the gauntlets lined in cream silk, gold braid and gold overstitched gauntlet edges. The gloves are similar in colour and shape to accession number 23406.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved in 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23449+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.