A men's pair of white lawn cotton plain weave fabric gloves, cut on the bias to give stretch, circa 1800 - 1810 , the upper and lower sections and finger gores all delicately overstitched in white cotton, separately formed thumbs, with narrow cuff embellished with gold chain stitch and minute sequins, the thumb seams over-stitched in gold thread, the knuckles adorned with neo-classical mercurial sceptre in green silk and gold sequins, 23 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 - 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23447 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.