A pair of ladies long white cotton fabric embroidered gloves, circa 1790 - 1810, the lawn fabric cut on the bias to give stretch, the plain weave raw edges turned inside then delicately overstitched on the outside; with gold and sequinned scrollwork and pale pink floss silk detailing, 58 cm long. Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 - 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23443 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.