A pair of knitted cotton and bead-worked ladies gloves, circa 1840, worked in stocking stitch and adorned with small red, blue and green beaded floral designs, red cord draw-string ties to the wrists, initialled to each in gilt brass beads E and A, also written in ink the number 1799, 23 cm long. See 'Gloves' by Valerie Cumming p.68, also the Austin Reed Catalogue 36. Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 - 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23422 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.