A pair of ladies' white leather, flesh side out, gloves circa 1685 – 1700, of long slim shape widening at the armhole, embroidered overall with multi coloured silks and silver thread in a naturalistic floral design, a basket of blooms with enormous perching butterflies, three rosettes of green floss silk on knuckles, the thumbs separately embroidered with blooms, 40 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Kirgloves Ltd

Accession No: 23433 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.