A pair of men's rust brown ( faded, originally a deep orange red) suede leather gloves, flesh side out, circa 1780 – 1800, embroidered with white silk pointing and leaf sprigs on the back of the hand, and three embroidery stitched points ending in double arrowheads, 23 cm long. See ‘Gloves' by Valerie Cumming p.43, fig24 for an illustration.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23432 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.