A ladies' knitted silk glove and a cardboard support, circa 1830 - 50, the glove woven with a Bargello-work effect in shades of lilac, orange and green on a cream ground, of short, narrow form, the thumb separately knitted and attached, the printed cardboard support showing coastal scenes and a female figure, possibly Queen Victoria, the glove 17.5 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 - 1999 sponsored by W.Ball and Son Ltd.

Accession No: 23425
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.