A pair of men's knitted silk and gold thread gloves, probably Italian, circa 1650 – 80, of pale yellow silk worked overall with gold thread lozenges, which join up to form lines over the knuckles, the fingers with small gold spots, luxurious deep gold thread fringing, 26 cm long, (holes in the index fingers and thumbs, apparently deliberate, indicate liturgical use).

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF

Accession No: 23419 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.