A pair of ladies' knitted mittens, probably Italian, early 18th century, unlined, knitted in silk/cotton mix in fine stocking stitch, with large carnation and pomegranate repeats in yellow, white and green on a pink lilac/ground, 37 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence.

Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Past Master Margaret Linton.

Accession No: 23417 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.