A pair of men's liturgical knitted blue silk gloves, circa 1768, hand knitted and lined in ivory damask silk with small repeats of clovers within a lattice, embroidered in raised silver thread with honeysuckle tendrils and pineapples, crucifixes to the knuckles, the gauntlets edged in elaborate silver bobbin lace bands, 27 cm long.(Both inscribed in ink 1768).

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23414 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.