A knitted liturgical men's glove, second half 17th century, of yellow silk/cotton mix embellished with gold thread, angular gauntlet with small repeats within specially shaped gauntlet borders, large crucifix within octagonal medallion which is also outlined in gold chain stitch, gold embroidery also outlines the fingers and thumb, the gauntlet is lined in pale yellow silk, the edges and ‘bracelet' are trimmed with gold stip and scallop form bobbin lace, 30 cm long. The original colour of the glove was purple but light damage and soiling have caused the dye to change colour.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence.

Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23412
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.