A single knitted silk glove, probably Italian, second half of 17th century, of pale green silk and gold threads, lined with matching plain silk fabric, with slightly angular gauntlet knitted with gold diagonal bands and medallions (similar to 23407), and IHS emblem within flame medallion, narrow gilt stripes to the fingers, 25 cm long, applied with two red wax seals which appear to be papal seals, possibly denoting that this glove may have been worn by a Pope.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23411
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.