A pair of knitted cotton and embroidered gloves, mid-late 17th century, embroidered in crimson silks and silver threads with angular bands and small curling tendrils, 27 cm long, Although these are inventoried as 19th century and appeared in Connoisseur in 1919, p.87 as ‘Eastern European, Greek work', the design and colour suggests to KTB Italian mid 17th century. The cardinal-pink silks suggest a liturgical use. Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Liveryman Ralph Waggett.

Accession No: 23410 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.