A pair of knitted crimson silk liturgical gloves, probably Italian, late 17th century, the gauntlets knitted with gold florets on a silver ground, an IHS medallion over the knuckles, gold knitted flame effect bands over the fingers, 25 cm long. Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence.

Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23408 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.