A pair of knitted crimson silk liturgical gloves, probably Italian, second half of 17th century, the gauntlets knitted in contrasting gold with repeat medallions and diagonal slashes, the thumb, knuckles and fingers all embroidered in heavy gold thread, with IHS within flame burst medallion to the centre, 27 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence.

Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23407 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.