A pair of knitted cream silk and silver thread liturgical gloves, probably 1720 –50, the gauntlets lined in cream silk, and worked with silver birds and beasts with black eyes, Maltese crosses, stylised Maltese crosses to the knuckles, the fingers outlined in plaits of silver thread, 28 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Past Master Malcolm Penney.

Accession No: 23406 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.