An embroidered glove of red knitted silk, probably liturgical, probably English, first half 17th century with wide low gauntlet of gold embroidered and couched thread flowerheads with looped and couched petals, chain stitched lozenges, large single tassel to one side, 24 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from NHLF

Accession No: 23405
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.