A pair of knitted crimson silk liturgical gloves, French or Italian professional embroidery, circa 1680 – 1700, with short angular gauntlets lined in crimson damask silk, and lavishly embroidered overall with file and frise gold strapwork, purl wire foliage and buds, applied over the knuckles with Clavis cross within a circle of eternity.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF

Accession No: 23403 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.