A pair of knitted silk and gold thread ladies' finger-less mittens, probably circa 1730 –50, with prominently inset thumb sections, the pointed finger guards lined with heavy silk and gold brocade fragments, 17 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1955 – 1999 with help from NHLF.

Accession No: 23402 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.