A pair of crimson silk knitted gloves, probably Italian, late 17th century, finely worked in fine stocking stitch with self-coloured patterns of pots of blooms and stars, with fleur de lys, stars and banding in raised silver thread, openings to thumbs and first two fingers, possibly for anointing with holy oils or water, 44 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence.

Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23401 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.