A pair of men's white stained buff suede leather gloves, circa 1620 – 40, with integral gauntlet edged in raised gold purl wire and sequins with small lily repeats, edged and lined in crimson silk with two crimson silk tabs to the sides, the elongated fingers and seams edged in raised gold thread in double chain stitch, the knuckles with couched gold thread whorls, 37 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23393+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.