A pair of men's brown doeskin gloves, flesh side out, circa 1650 – 70 with separately worked gauntlet panels, the yellow canvas ground embellished with raised gold and silver purl wire over silk padding, in the form of floral medallions amid couched gold threads, edged with scalloped bands of bobbin lace, trimmed with spangles, 31 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23385 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.