A pair of white leather gloves, stained buff, suede side up, with integral gauntlet applied with four horizontal striped bands of blue-green ribbons embroidered with couched gold scrolls spotted with purl wire bands, edged in simple gold bobbin lace spangled occasionally with sequins, fringed in blue-green floss silk and gold thread, lined in blue taffeta, the elongated fingers with seams with wrong sides together then overstitched to give a crinkle effect, the thumbs inset and overstitched, diagonal slashes to the palms to each hand. 34 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23382 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.