A single glove, circa 1615 – 30, of white doeskin stained buff, suede side uppermost, with separately worked pink satin gauntlet with stepped edge, embroidered in a diamond lattice in gold purl, metal strip and couched threads with stylised honeysuckles, edged in loosely woven gold bobbin lace spangled with sequins, edged in brown silk, lined in deep rose silk, three gold lace edged brown ribbon gussets, the seams and very elongated fingers and thumb outlined in gold wire double chain stitch, 32 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Bally Group U.K.Ltd.

Accession No: 23380
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.