A single right hand glove circa 1620 – 40, of white leather dyed mid brown, with integral gauntlet lined in crimson silk, two matching silk ribbon gussets, the gauntlet and fingers adorned with silver gilt triangles and bands of double chain stitch, the fingers elongated by means of decorative stitching; couched thread S scrolls. The cuff is edged in scallops of metal bobbin lace threaded with sequins. 33 cm long.
Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Liveryman Richard Amstad.