A pair of white leather gloves, stained buff, suede side uppermost, with slim integral gauntlet, edged and lined in pale blue silk, with dark blue silk ribbon gussets to the sides, edged in simple gold bobbin lace, the gauntlet worked in raised gold purl wire, couched gold threads and sequins with stylised lilies, the elongated fingers and knuckles adorned with twisted couched gold thread bands. 33cm long Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Cordwainers of London

Accession No: 23377 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.