A pair of leather gloves circa 1620 –40, of white kid dyed buff-brown, suede side uppermost. With integral gauntlet, edged in and lined in deep crimson silk embroidered to the borders in raised gold purl wire and couched threads with stylised honeysuckle and trefoils, the hand section with seams outlined with double rows of silver-gilt chain stitch, the knuckles adorned with couched trefoil whorls, elongated fingers and thumbs, 32 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23375+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.