A pair of gloves, circa 1650, of white leather dyed buff-brown, with slim integral gauntlets worked in rococo stitch in green, black and pink silks, edged and lined in pink silk, with six scalloped tabs each worked with a single carnation bloom, edged in gold picoted lace threaded with sequins, geometric repeat band at the wrist with couched gold thread centres, two pink ribbon gussets to the sides, the elongated fingers, thumbs with interesting pink overstitching to the seams which expand to form decorative V-shapes over the knuckles and around the thumb, 30 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23373 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.