An embroidered gauntlet glove, circa 1600 – 1620, of white leather stained buff, flesh side uppermost, with separately worked gauntlet of eight rounded deep tabs linked and lined with godets of blue silk, with pink silk ribbon ruffle at the wrist edged with gold thread, the ivory satin tabs variously worked with small perching birds, cornflowers, stylised roses in purl wire, seed pearls, coloured twisted couched silks, couched gold threads, edged in gold bobbin lace and spangles. Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Zetters Pools Ltd.
A stylish shortie 1.25 BL glove, with brown contrast stitching on the points, turned back shaped cuff with contrast embroidery, 13 IMI pearls, palm vent, "hidden" press stud with "Aris".
One of several pairs belonging to Mr Wettern's mother, born in 1898.
Donated by Mr. P.H.S. Wettern.