A rare pair of ribbon trimmed gloves, circa 1660 –90, of white leather dyed mushroom brown, suede side uppermost, with slightly flared integral gauntlet, the upper sides of the glove entirely festooned in whimsical loops of pink, white and silver ribbons, plain elongated fingers with delicately overstitched seams. 34 cm long. Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence.

Conserved 1995 – 1999 with the help of the HNLF.

Accession No: 233681 + A /-/WH/LTH/D/L17/-/-/
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.