A pair of wrist-length gloves, circa 1660 – 80, of white kid leather, stained ivory, suede side uppermost, with integral gauntlet, un-lined, edged and trimmed with deep salmon pink ribbon bands, matching rosette gusset to the sides, edged in narrow silver picot lace, the palms decoratively slashed and pinked to provide ventilation. 28 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23368+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.