A pair of white kid leather gloves circa 1660 – 70, the suede side uppermost, with integral gauntlets edged with broad band of striped silver ribbon and gauze spangled with minute sequins and edged in silver fringing, with raised purl wire embroidered stylised lilies, minutely over-stitched seams in white thread, the palms unusually pinked, presumably to provide ventilation. 29cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Leathersellers of London

Accession No: 23367 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.