A pair of white doeskin gloves with elongated fingers, with embroidered integral gauntlets, circa 1640 –60, with plain hand section in contrast with the gauntlets which are lined in crimson silk and appliquéd and edged in crimson silk, worked overall in purl wire and couched threads with stylised fruits and foliage, twisted silver thread fringes, 32 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated in 1959 to the Livery by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23364 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.