A single glove, circa 1640 – 60, of white kid stained cream, suede side up, with integral embroidered gauntlet, edged and lined in sky-blue silk, silver fringing, and embroidered in raised silver purl wire, chain stitch with heart shapes and scrolling arabesques, with lilies to the corners in crimson and yellow silks, tousled French knot flower-heads, with dainty stab-stitched seams. See Connoisseur Sept. 1920 p.23.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by Southcombe Brothers Ltd.

Accession No: 23362 1
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.