A pair of narrow embroidered gauntlet panels, circa 1620 – 40,of ivory silk mounted onto strong canvas, worked overall with coiling blooms in polychrome floss silks, with spots of gold purl and sequins, 24 cm extended width.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23360c + A GAUNTLET PANELS
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.