A pair of embroidered gloves circa 1620 – 40, of white kid dyed brown, suede side uppermost, the integral gauntlet edged and lined in deep crimson silk and richly embroidered in raised gold purl wire and metal strip with quatrefoils, stylised lilies, within delicate gold coiled strap-work, spotted with sequins, the side seams, elongated fingers and thumbs defined with lines of gold thread in double chain stitch with three couched whorl medallion to each knuckle. 37 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23351 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.