A pair of elaborately embroidered gloves, circa 1630 – 50, of white leather stained buff, suede side up, with separately worked and applied ivory satin gauntlets with stepped edge, professionally worked in raised gold and silver purl wire, couched threads, seed pearls with three foliate oval medallions, the ground entirely filled with scrolling leaf forms, edged in gold bobbin lace and sequins, salmon pink lining and two ribbon gussets, the buff suede glove with elongated fingers outlined in raised silver gilt double chain stitch, couched whorls to the knuckles. 36 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23347+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.