A pair of embroidered gauntlet gloves, with long extended fingers, probably women's, circa 1615 –1630 of white leather stained brown, with separately worked aubergine satin gauntlets, lined with aubergine silk, each with six square ended tabs worked in mainly pink, green, and blue floss silks with gold purl pomegranates, honeysuckle and grapes, the ground spotted with tiny sequins, edged with gold bobbin lace threaded with sequins.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23346+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.