A pair of white leather embroidered gauntlet gloves with long extended fingers, circa 1600 – 1620 , with separately worked ivory satin gauntlets lined in salmon pink silk, each with five rounded tabs embroidered with an upper band of tulips, carnations and lilies, the lower section with raised work gold purl and coiled silk arches enclosing fantastic sea monsters and serpents, raised work trees with shaded green foliage, surmounted with strawberries, the knuckles and thumbs outlined and adorned with decorative pointing in pink silk thread, 32 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conservation 1995 – 1999 sponsored by the Worshipful Company of Fishmongers of London .

Accession No: 23345+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.