A pair of men's embroidered gauntlet gloves with long extended fingers, circa 1620 – 1635, of cream leather, the ivory satin gauntlets separately worked and lined in moss green silk, each glove with six tabs variously worked with figures embracing, gathering wood, harvesting fruit and bathing in pools, worked in colourful floss silks within couched gold thread medallions, the ground scattered with gold purl wire leaves and floss silk flowerheads, edged in gold bobbin lace threaded with sequins, 33cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23344 + A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.