A pair of buff leather gloves circa 1610 – 1630, with long extended fingers, with separately embroidered ivory satin gauntlets each with six square tabs lined with salmon pink silk, lavishly embroidered in seed pearls and gold purl wire, minute gold sequins with central pelican in its piety amid pale pink and white floss silk carnations and honeysuckles, the tabs edged in gold bobbin lace threaded with sequins, pink ribbon ruffle at wrist and two broad silk ribbons joined in a rosette-effect at the sides. 34 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23343+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.