A pair of embroidered gloves, circa 1600 – 1620 , of white kid dyed pale brown, the separately worked flared gauntlet worked with eight deep lobed tabs of ivory satin, each with pansies and dog roses in pink, blue and green twisted silks, couched gold threads, sequins and purl wire, the wrist with an elegant pink ruffle, the whole trimmed with delicate filigree of gold bobbin lace, elongated fingers and thumbs delicately overstitched, 33cm long

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23341 + A /BN/LTH/D/E17/EMB/-/
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.