A lavishly embroidered pair of gloves, circa 1620 – 1640 of white leather dyed buff yellow, the gauntlet of ivory satin separately worked and applied, with exceptionally fine raised-work dolphins, caves with fantastic creatures, hummocks spouting fruits, the seven outer tabs worked in satin stitch in floss silks with roses, daffodils and marigolds, four pale pink ribbons form gusset rosettes, finger seams with wrong sides joined and stab-stitched, elongated fingers and thumbs, 31 cm long.

Part of the Collection donated to the Livery in 1959 by the late Robert Spence. Conserved 1995 – 1999 with help from the NHLF.

Accession No: 23339+A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.