An elegant daywear pair of ladies' gloves with black palm and first finger and back of three fingers in tan, made in England in the 1950's in glacé leather with whipstitch stitching, the contrast in colour giving a geometric appearance.
Donated by Madame Crystal herself. Returned in 2007 from the Museum of London.
Madame Crystal was the name used by Mrs Tugendhat who came to England as a refugee from Nazi Germany or Austria in the late 1930's and established herself in London as designer and manufacturer of elegant fashion accessories, particularly gloves. These were sold by top London fashion stores to customers including society ladies, leaders of fashion and film stars.