Two pairs of ladies' cold-weather day gloves, with biscuit colour leather palm and black fur back, made in the 1940's. These gloves were manufactured in large quantities and were almost an industry of their own, often made by, or as an offshoot of, the fur industry. There were several large manufacturers in London. The leather palms were frequently imitation peccary. 72 + A (ii) is a more fashionable version with chinchilla rex fur all the way round the cuff, and fur lined up to the fingers, and a plain East Indian leather palm and probably made for the better class department stores.
Donated in 2003 by Mrs Nora Fisher.