A pair of men's black leather mourning gloves, circa 1730 – 1760, with hand outseam stitching. The fan shaped lace insert in the palm is rare for a gentleman's glove; the elongated finger construction was very popular in Elizabethan and early Stuart times hence the uncertainty of dating. Donated in 2001 by the Reverend A. C. Winter via Past Master Margaret Linton.

Accession No: 2001.3.1. +A
The Catalogue is under Copyright (C) 2012, The Glove Collection Trust.